Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life with Bent

Since my current show opened I feel like I’ve had no time. I think its a combination of having to come in during the day for extra hours to deal with sound issues (I hate Cricket and the DS laptop!!) in the first week and it being a long show. I’d really like to be able to walk home each night after the show since this is the last one I’m operating until winter but I’m now running the show off my laptop and I don’t really want to carry it home each night. One of the cast from the next show, which I’m lighting designing, got mugged up the street from the theatre in broad daylight the other day.

I have fitted some fun stuff in though.

The first Sunday after it opened I went to Mardi Gras Fair Day with Charli. That was really cool. We went to the Femme Guild stall and saw Asha which I’ve already blogged about. It was a very cruisey day. We went on the dodgems-

Our competition

Ate lots of fair food-

yum!

And saw lots of very gay dogs-

bahaha!

The following Saturday I went along to Simon’s “Meet my fiancée” picnic and met Tracy who was visiting from Chicago. She wasn’t as bubbly and outgoing as I expected but I’ve since found out that she didn’t really like Sydney so maybe that’s why. We talked for quite a while on facebook last night and she does seem really lovely. Apparently Simon is being really cute with all the wedding stuff like choosing a favourite flower etc. I laughed a lot at that. We talked a lot actually, it was really nice. My first impression of her at the picnic was that she’s really really American. Her accent is so thick! I kind of expected to see whatever is so amazing about her to make Simon change so much and I didn’t. I mean she seems lovely but I wasn’t as blown away as Simon obviously is. I guess that’s not surprising, I just obviously expected that I’d walk away saying “yeah I’d marry her too!” She also didn’t seem that super keen to meet his friends. I guess tho she’d been there a week by that stage and had been living with Caz and Tommy who were there at the picnic. So it’s was just me really, she wasn’t as excited about meeting me as I was about meeting her. That makes sense though. She’s Simon’s exciting whirlwind American fiancée whereas I’m one of a bunch of his friends. But after talking to her last night I feel like I know her a bit better and I do genuinely like her. I’m actually a bit disappointed they’re going to live in the states because I would like to hang out with them both.

Last Monday I was photographed naked at the opera house with 5000 other people as part of the Mardi Gras Festival. Event info here. News coverage and photos here.I think this experience needs a blog entry of its own so I’ll get around to that sometime.

Last week week I also had cupcakes with Sian and lunch with Asha both of which were lovely. The lunch with Asha was full of really interesting conversation. We talked a lot about sex, sexual politics, identity, brothels (she’s a receptionist in one) and other really meaty interesting things. I also found out she and Matt once hooked up. I was a little unimpressed because Matt had brought her up as someone that might be fun to play with and when I asked why he thought that he said she just seemed fun, he didn’t say he had first hand knowledge of it. He didn’t lie, he just wasn’t upfront. When I asked him about it he gave me the details including the fact that he was still with his last girlfriend when it happened which is possibly why he didn’t mention it earlier. I’m not sure what to think of him. He’s generally a really nice guy and when I ask him things about other girls he tells me, he doesn’t offer but most people wouldn’t. I’m just not sure if he’s a nice guy who can’t be monogamous but tries not to hurt people in the process or a prick who comes across as being nice to get what he wants. Maybe you can’t break things down into good and bad like that but I don’t know if I should trust him as much as I do. I mean we’re not in a relationship so I can only expect so much and in many ways I’m glad of that, if we were actually together there would just be more rules for him to potentially break. I guess I just think that he’s a nice enough guy and he appreciates our arrangment enough that he probably won’t deliberately do something really bad and hurt me and throw it all away. That doesn’t take into account him doing stupid things and thinking he won’t get caught though…. Meh I like hanging out with him, the sex is great and whatever will happen will happen. I think I should think about it less.

Oh! Bent has a scene in it where they eat soup. The stuff they’re using has barley in it which reminded me of lamb stew. I was craving it every night so I made some and it’s awesome! I also made coconut pancakes with caramelised bananas. Also awesome.

[Via http://strangerthangirl.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment